Metropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another homicide...

+2
TrialByJury
Jay
6 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Just another homicide... - Page 8 Empty Re: Just another homicide...

Post  Neon Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:09 pm

ooc: I realized there was something I had to do today and then I realized it was showering and going to work. I work until 1 AM...hope I can see the fireworks from the box office window...maybe they'll let me sit on the roof this year. In any case, hope you're all having a lovely 4th of July.

bic:

"I tend to be more subtle...and my shots decent, its just not what it used to be...I...had a few firearms but they're kind of..back...ah home. With some other trinkets I need to be picking up," she mumbled, adjusting the crimson hem of her tank top, using the blade to cut through a spare thread that was hanging off," ...course there've been times they failed me."

She gave a small sort of grin as she looked back up," Unfortunately when reports label me as notorious for eluding capture...what they mean to say is I'm infamous for escaping...which means I have at times been caught, disarmed, and had my own weapons crudely used against me," scars for proof, which she had hidden under clothing," ...but all in a days work I suppose...I got out and got my daggers back...and I..guess they got what was due..." she got a twisted little frown on her expression," ...on that note, if you were part of the division that had to clean the guy out of the public swimming pool filled with razorblades on bobbers who'd had his fingers chewed off by a stolen police dog...I'm entirely..sorry about that."

She got a look on her face after a moment, and waved her hands," Wasn't me I assure you...too macabre for my tastes..just..um. The boyfriend at the time was not pleased with what they'd done...and...he kind of..wasn't right in his head at the time..." Said too much. She shut her mouth after a moment and coughed, wandering closer to her friend's side.

"Me and him go way back...I like him. I sleep in his apartment sometimes...and also put his job on the line. Now I guess I can put yours out there too," she grinned," Three cheers for friendship eh?" And with that she trotted over and flopped on the couch a short distance away, biting her lip after a moment...realizing that two other people in the room also knew the guy who'd been responsible for the gory razorblade incident...they just weren't aware he'd done it.

Neon

Back to top Go down

Post  kt Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Although it was difficult, Novak resisted the urge to argue with his partner. "I'm not going to prove your point." he smirked, giving Latha a look. He did his best to shut the busted door before leaning against the couch. "But you didn't beat me in target practice. I just had a lot on my mind." the FBI agent retorted.

"And I'll just pretend like I didn't hear what you said." he muttered, referring to Nightshade's story.

ooc-I wanna see the icons!

kt

Back to top Go down

Post  kt Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:50 pm

(Sorry for the crappy post, I'm in a really big hurry. Happy 4th!!!!!!!)

kt

Back to top Go down

Post  TrialByJury Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:18 am

ooc; you had to work? Uggh, even I didn't-- had a great 4th fireworks show, got some great shots (photography is my thing, yo) and just hung out. Hope everyone's having a great time, even at work. xD

Latha shook her head slowly, giving NightShade a sympathetic nod. She could understand, for the most part, as she too was covered in scars-- some self-inflicted, most of them not. They were difficult to explain, and more painful than she let anyone know. "I've seen some pretty twisted shit, lived some pretty twisted shit. I'm not proud of it... and no, that wasn't me. All the PD work I've done is with the SVU... Special Victims. Special Vics investigates predators, and I've wanted to castrate every one of them. I guess you can say I have a vendetta." She paused, not wanting to continue, before sitting on the armrest on NightShade's side of the couch, balancing. She was the type that never liked to sit, preferring to watch from a sort of vantage point. She crossed her legs, slightly awkward in a skirt-- damn, she hated the things.

"Honestly, Alex and I, we should go back farther than we do, considering we've lived down the hall from each other for years... or at least until he relocated. I met Alex "officially" in Paris... after that, hell, I don't even know. But here we are." She shrugged slightly, grinning weakly. "Don't worry... I put my own job on the line just by being alive. You can't do too much damage." She rested her chin on her hand, blinking-- it seemed she and Nightshade had more in common than she had originally thought.

She shot Novak a look, grinning slightly. "Oh, yeah, like inviting me on a vacation where I almost got my throat slit by hitmen. I'd say that's a lot on your mind... admit it, you lost."

le-ooc-again; Btw, Special Victims is a real unit. It is an (awesomeawesomeawesome) TV show, but I actually know a detective who works it. So I'm not making it up. xDD
TrialByJury
TrialByJury

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:55 pm

ooc: Yes in fact SVU is one of the ones I'll watch...and I tend to avoid TV...unless its a few choice shows on national geographic or discovery. I'm a nerd like that. Regardless. But yeah. The movie theater is one of the last things to shut down ever. The rest of the city is out due to flooding? Only one of our theaters had water in it, so we kept running. Snow storm that they had advisories not to drive...yes we were open...and while attempting to get to work I managed to get two cars stuck in snowdrifts just trying to get out of the driveway. When I finally got to work we worked until the snow cut the power. It was ridiculous.

bic:

"It doesn't matter if you pretend I didn't say that," NightShade growled, her tone suddenly turning somewhat sharp. The issue was a mildly touchy one, and while she probably shouldn't have mentioned it, it wasn't something she could brush off and ignore," ...because I did say it," she glanced to Latha a moment," ...perhaps you didn't...the guy in the pool..or remnants of him rather...might've been linked to you though. He had a record as a rapist among other things...but he was something of a simpleton..." she shifted a little uncomfortably, drumming her thumbs on her knees," ...and attempted rape and mutilating your girlfriend's flesh is enough to piss off anyone...especially if you're a little mentally unstable at the time."

She shot Alex a look," It was Loki," she remarked," We had a fling way back when...I don't know if any of you knew about it...if you don't want to know because you don't want to keep an eye out for him..then it doesn't matter because he dropped off the face of the earth. So if you find him, do let me know," he'd caused major waves in the underground crime world just before he left...right after they'd broken up. Then poof. Gone. Without a trace. Dead? She'd never been sure," Speaking of vanished males who've fucked with my head...whatever happened to Melinko?" she questioned glancing to Rogue. (wherever Ish might be (: )

The thief leaned back, closing her eyes quietly," Sounds like my sort of vacation," she mumbled," Not as in, the kind I'd enjoy...as in the kind I get stuck on if I ever get the notion of taking a vacation."

A slight chuckle left her lips after a brief pause," ...I'd like to see if you could outsnipe my brother, Alex."

Neon

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:41 pm

ooc:
Haha.
4th of July, always fun.
Here's the deal, I'm in a wee bit of trouble because of that there holiday.
I don't have a driver's license, a debit card, a cell phone, an iPod or, in general, a life because of it. Anyway, I'll still be posting since I'm a rebel but not....alot. This will be going on for a month.

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Novak glanced up at the word 'rapist', before pushing himself off the couch. He had a new, special hatred for rapists. "Oh..." he said stupidly as Nightshade explained Loki. "I'll...keep an eye out for him." he promised, though doubted he'd have any luck in spotting the guy.

Novak glanced towards Nightshade again, glad that she and Latha were actually getting along. "I told you so." he smirked, referring to the fact that she could trust Latha afterall. "This makes getting your picture back much easier." he sighed. "Which we'd better do soon."

The ex-FBI agent glanced at his watch, and then towards the supplies he had brought in. Which reminded him - he'd forgotten to tell Latha about his little plan. "I'm going after our perps tonight. I'd rather go alone, but apparently I don't have a choice." Novak smirked, shooting a look towards Nightshade and Zee. "I'm assuming you'll want to go too. And if that's the case, I hope I have enough bullet-proof vests for everyone."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://metropolis.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TrialByJury Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:47 pm

ooc; Same, actually... SVU cuts really close to home, yet I just love it. (I'm also one hell of an Elliot/Olivia... which might be a reason, aha. xD) That's really...pointless. They made you go into work during a freaking storm and the power gets cut? The worst I've had so far at work is a crapload of mutant wasps... I had to work on my computer with a can of Raid next to me the whole time. XD

...sorry about that, Zee. If I ever lost my car, I think it'd hurt everyone else more than me, because I have to drive /everywhere/. Good luck.

"I concern myself with the victims. Whatever happens to the perps is Homicide's problem. Besides... if he was a rapist, he got what he fucking deserved." Her voice was acidic, and her hands were clenched tightly. "I'd do it myself. Hell, I've wanted to do more than break a couple of noses in interro... especially those we know we have." Latha exhaled sharply, then glanced at NightShade. "Somehow I always end up like that... got fucking stabbed in a botched robbery not to long ago, and lost a lot of blood in a damn alley. Not my idea of a good night out."

She paused, then cracked a grin in Alex's direction. "Hell yeah, I'm coming. I'd have to be dead and buried not to want to kick some major ass. Remember, it's personal for me too." She tipped back her head to reveal the still-healing gash across her neck, then shrugged. "Yeah, I've got a bone to pick. Besides... it's pretty much my job." She shook her head. "And it's something I actually want to do. Sweet, sweet karma."
TrialByJury
TrialByJury

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:41 am

ooc: Oooh. Partied a little too hardy didja? Ironically enough, on the fourth of july the entire family was out of town for two days...so I had the house to myself..therefore no curfew...and an invite to go get wasted/stoned out of my mind. Except...the parental unit blatantly said "...go ahead and drink, I'm not stupid enough to think you wont...just don't drive. Call me if you have to." and as a result...drinking just isn't very fun...plus I'm an asshole when drunk and come from a long line of alcoholics...so I stayed home and played nintendo...CAUSE IM A NERD. -ahem-...anyhow, good luck with your rebelness. (:

bic:

"...good luck finding him," she murmured," ...I combed the whole damn city frontwards and backwards...then again I did look for Rogue all over too and..." she gestured sidelong," ..well there you go. So maybe I just suck...but I think in this case he's more likely to be dead...just because of the shit that went down before I lost track of him."

Her gaze shifted to Latha, a frown falling over her face as she stared to her scuffed up boots," ...no..." she took a deep breath," he deserved something. He was no saint by any means...but...he didn't deserve that. I..." she closed her eyes a moment, a look of pain contorting her expression before it returned to a placid state and her eyes opened very slowly," ...he deserved something...but it wasn't Loki's place to judge...to play God," then again...perhaps it had been more his place than any," ...if not for the guy that attacked me...then for all the people the death effected. It..shouldn't have happened..."

Her eyes glanced to him once more, shaking off the memories in exchange for some better ones," ...the pictures! Yeah...Hey...Latha. In exchange for some lessons in the art of doing stupid flippy tricks with daggers...would you mind stealing some more shit from the crime scene for me...or at least letting me get in there to pick up my crap? I've got some daggers and some keepsakes to get ahold of...and I'd like to do it before some suits go and get their mucky fingerprints all over my stuff."

Neon

Back to top Go down

Post  KT Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 am

(Haha, I've never gotten drunk, or even really tried an alcoholic drink...no desire to. Unlike most of my school...but whatever. I wouldn't throw the party either...I would rather have my parents' trust and all that. Ehehe. ^^ )

KT

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:32 am

ooc: ...there is a very large bottle of UV blue downstairs right now. In the near future...mom and I are getting some lemonade...and downing that bottle together. Hilarity will ensue.

Neon

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am

ooc: Haha. Actually it wasn't really my state that got it. Yeah I was stoned, but to be honest, I usually am. My aunt and uncle couldn't care less. (Mom croaked a few years ago, don't know my dad. My life fails C:) It was the massive amounts of my boyfriend's friends shooting heroine in my bedroom and passing out in our living room that got me in trouble. Because, that was my fault of course. I didn't even know they were there. I was outside, simple as that.

Bic:
She was playing with objects in her purse, therefore focusing more on that rather than them; "I'm afraid I don't do bulletproof vests hun, I'll pass on that." She pulled out a twin pair of mach 10's, both in their custom blood red shade and fitted with silencers. "Can we please go do something now?" She huffed impatiently, sliding the guns into the straps on the back of her dress and putting her coat back on over them. "I'm getting antsy, especially with you two talking about things like that." Her face had become alot more serious, her jaw tensing slightly.

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:06 pm

ooc - Wow...I don't mean to be rude and corny but if they don't care, you should, at least. Getting stoned isn't going to get you anywhere in life. And heroin? That guy is no good for you..just my opinion.

Novak raised his brows in suprise - he had no idea she even owned a gun. "Uh, Zee....do you even know how to shoot?" he questioned, eyeing her suspiciously. At least she'd chosen to slap him instead of shoot him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 am

ooc: Yeah, I know, I know, fully aware, quitting soon. But it isn't really affecting my grades, sports, or job. Yet. But my boyfriend wasn't doing it, it was his friends, his friends are shit and I keep telling him that.

She stared at him like he had five heads for a short moment, "No, I just decided to waste a bunch of money on guns I don't know how to use." Sarcasm oozed from her words as her arms crossed, "I've known how to, even when I was with you, I just never liked to until I figured I needed to be watching my own ass instead of having people like yourself watch over me." She took one out, spinning it on her finger before aiming it at his forehead, "I can actually take care of myself now, you should be proud."

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:52 am

Novak cringed slightly, inching away to the side to get out of the gun's range. "That's uh, that's good, Zee." he blinked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:03 am

An amused smile played onto her face, content with his reaction before she slid the gun back into its' place. "You had to of known though." She pointed out, her eyes rolling slightly as she flattened out the imaginary wrinkles on her dress.

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:13 am

"You seemed to be afraid of guns, if anything." he argued. He wondered why Zee hadn't taken care of her boyfriend prolem herself, but knew better than to ask.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 pm

"Doesn't mean I didn't know how to use one." As she spoke, she stared at his face, her brow slowly arching upward, "I know what you're thinking, and I never asked for your help. If you remember correctly I was more than ready to take care of it myself, you literally followed me there. Your help, while still appreciated, wasn't asked for."

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:01 pm

"You were half-dead, he nearly beat you to death." he argued under his breath, trying to keep his voice down.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Her jaw clenched, "You're being over-dramatic and I could've handled it." She growled through her clenched teeth, staring him down.

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:00 pm

"If by handling it you mean a few broken bones and a gun to your head, then yeah, you were doing just great." he snapped.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:18 pm

She didn't answer for a moment, but by the way her lip was twitching it was visible that she was trying to calm herself down, eventually giving up on that; "Why are you being such a condescending bastard?! I've been with you for all of a few hours and you've never been such a grade-A asshole, even while I was living with you I never wanted to slam your head into something as much as you have made me want to do since you picked me up. I don't know what the FUCK I did to you, but I'm sorry okay?!"

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 am

NightShade was about to make a request for the populace of the room to stop pointing guns at each other. Truth be told the thief didn't like guns. She could stare down the barrel of one blank faced, but it was entirely a charade. Her statement was never spoken, but instead viewed through an obvious flinch. She hated guns. They took out the skill of fighting, they ripped through the air without giving fair chance for their opponent to counter, let alone dodge. They were loud, and killed quickly...often so quickly she never got a chance to say goodbye. An image flickered through her mind of a friend, blasted into oblivion on various drugs, looking at her and stating "I'm invincible" as he raised a revolver to his head.

The fight that broke out did a little less to ease her. She wanted to smack them both.

"...this isn't getting us anywhere. Who the fuck cares? The past is the past..." she shifted her coat," ...we've got shit to do."

Neon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Novak clenched his jaw tight, obviously having a hard time controlling himself - he /did/ have anger problems, afterall. But amazingly, he managed to keep his mouth just. "Nightshade's right." he finally said in a tense voice. "Let's go." The FBI agent-turned detective snatched his keys off his coffee table, heading out the door.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  injectio Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:45 am

She yanked her coat closed after shooting him a final glare, holding back any other comments and the urge to trip him as he headed out. She took a backwards step, preferring to be closer to them rather than him.

injectio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum